Self-care is the practice of taking an active role in protecting our own wellbeing & happiness.
We can often put ourselves at the bottom of the list & forget we are important too. Lack of self-care can lead to resentment of others, compassion fatigue & mental health issues.
It can come in many different forms & is unique to the person as we all have different ideas of what we consider self-care to be.
We all live busy lives, but it does not have to involve taking a huge time commitment to keep your self-care tank topped up.
Some ideas you could try are:-
· Go for a walk – take in what’s around you
· Listen to your favourite music
· Snuggle up on the sofa with a film
· Feel productive by getting some jobs done
Self-care can also be:-
· Setting healthy boundaries with the people around you
· Seeing a therapist
· Being more aware of any negative unhelpful thoughts you may be having
Self-care is giving people the best of you not what’s left of you
Image is by Mellow Doodles